Portable Inkscape 1.1.2 (x64) Multilingual
Providing advanced editing features, Inkscape Portable is a serious competitor on the vector graphics sector and a viable alternative to more complex software suites, such as Illustrator or CorelDraw. The professional drawing tools allow you to create complex objects, while the set of filters helps you take graphic design to a whole new level. Designed with ease of use in mind, the interface is well organized and fairly intuitive, offering fast access to all the options. The program is compatible with multiple file types, including JPEG, PNG, TIFF, EPS and vector-based formats.
It comes with a powerful set of tools for drawing and editing graphic objects, including markers, gradients, shapes, paths, clones, alpha blending and more, but it also allows freehand drawing. With just a few clicks, you can move and scale objects, create object groups and edit multiple items.
Direct XML editing, document mapping, screen pixel manipulation, node editing, bitmap tracing are some of the features worth mentioning. It provides layer support and allows you to perform complex path operations, as well as apply and edit path effects. Additionally, the application comes with text editing tools, such as the SVG font editor, glyphs and multilingual spell checking.
One of its advantages is the wide range of available filters and extensions, which allows users to build more unusual graphics. From color filters, bluring, distort and different materials to morphology filters and non realistic 3D shaders, all are designed to help you enlarge the design possibilities and unleash your creativity.
Whether you want to create a simple icon for your desktop or plan on designing complex marketing materials, Inkscape includes all the instruments you need. It features similar capabilities to some of its well-known competitors, which makes it a great tool for every graphic designer out there.
Features of Inkscape
• Drawing: pencil tool (freehand drawing with simple paths), pen tool (creating Bézier curves and straight lines), calligraphy tool (freehand drawing using filled paths representing calligraphic strokes)
• Shape tools: rectangles (may have rounded corners), ellipses (includes circles, arcs, segments), stars/polygons (can be rounded and/or randomized), spirals
• Text tool (multi-line text, full on-canvas editing)
• Embedded bitmaps (with a command to create and embed bitmaps of selected objects)
• Clones (“live” linked copies of objects), including a tool to create patterns and arrangements of clones
• Transformations (moving, scaling, rotating, skewing), both interactively and by specifying exact numeric values
• Z-order operations (raising and lowering)
• Grouping objects (“select in group” without ungrouping, or “enter the group” making it a temporary layer)
• Layers (lock and/or hide individual layers, rearrange them, etc; layers can form a hierarchical tree)
• Alignment and distribution commands
Fill and stroke
• Color selector (RGB, HSL, CMYK, color wheel, CMS)
• Color picker tool
• Copy/paste style
• A gradient editor capable of multi-stop gradients
• Pattern fills (bitmap/vectors)
• Dashed strokes, with many predefined dash patterns
• Path markers (ending, middle and/or beginning marks, e.g. arrowheads)
Operations on paths
• Node editing: moving nodes and Bezier handles, node alignment and distribution, etc.
• Converting to path (for text objects or shapes), including converting stroke to path
• Boolean operations
• Path simplification, with variable threshold
• Path insetting and outsetting, including dynamic and linked offset objects
• Bitmap tracing (both color and monochrome paths)
• Multi-line text
• Uses any installed outline fonts, including right-to-left scripts
• Kerning, letterspacing, linespacing adjustments
• Text on path (both text and path remain editable)
• Text in shape (fill shape following stroke)
• Fully anti-aliased display
• Alpha transparency support for display and PNG export
• Complete “as you drag” rendering of objects during interactive transformations
• Live watching and editing the document tree in the XML editor
• PNG, OpenDocument Drawing, DXF, sk1, PDF, EPS and PostScript export formats
• Command line options for export and conversions
• Perfectly compliant SVG format file generation and editing
Exciting New Features
Mesh gradients are a powerful tool enabling artists to more easily create photo-realistic drawings – a feature we would love to see made part of the W3C’s Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) standard; if you find this feature as cool as we do, please request that your favorite web browser adopts support for it too!
Inkscape Portable works closely with the SVG standards committee, and thanks to our many generous donors, the Inkscape project sponsors an engineering representative to attend SVG working group meetings over the past few years. A welcome outcome of this participation is the improvement and addition of over a dozen SVG and CSS properties.
Live Path Effects are proving to be a vibrant ecosystem in the Inkscape project, and many innovative new ideas have been percolating over the past couple years since our last release. Spiro Live, BSpline, and Roughen essentially provide new drawing modes. The Simplify LPE cleans up vector elements non-destructively by smoothing paths, shapes, groups, clips, and masks.
Perspective/Envelope and Lattice Deformation 2 enable artists to interactively deform/transform drawing elements. Other new features enable interactive mirroring, interactive rotation of copies along an arc or circle, and dozens of other additions and enhancements.
Inkscape 1.1 is the latest major Inkscape release that brings you many fresh new features and new functionality.
- Fixed Windows test builds, so testers can again try out intermediate versions (MR #3762
- Fixed building Inkscape with GCC 12 / C++17 (MR #3683)
- Fixed building Inkscape with Poppler 21.11.0, e.g. on Slackware Linux (MR #3636, Bug #2906)
- Toolbar fields now use the units the user selected as display units (in Document preferences) again (MR #3716, Bug #1747)
- Mouse cursors for tools are now completely visible, no matter how transparent the currently selected color is (MR #3640, Bug #2025)
- Graphic tablet pens that have a built-in eraser tip now again automatically switch to the correct tool (MR 3636, Bug #2866)
- On macOS, the system menu now uses the correct language and menu decorations look better on systems with non-English locales (MR #3531)
- When clicking on the color indicator in the bottom left corner, the Fill and Stroke dialog will now open again (Bug #2621, MR #3754)
- Multiple untranslatable strings are now translatable (MR #3918, Bug #2492, Bug #2279, Bug #809)
- When automatically converting text to path on the commandline for export, differently formatted text parts no longer lose their styling (MR #3918, Bug #2602)
- Clones/symbols/glyphs are now positioned correctly relative to each other when pasting them into a new document (MR #3922, Bug #387)
- Copy-pasting an object with a Live Path Effect repeatedly into a new document now pastes the current object, not an outdated one (MR #3922, Bug #1743)
- Linking an additional path to the Measure Path LPE as a projection target works again (MR #3922, Bug #3035)
- Saving files with markers as SVG1.1 results in valid markers again (MR #3942, Bug #2785)
- Filter editor: The standard deviation for Gaussian blur can now be 0, if there is no blur (MR #3650, Bug #2724)
- win32 theme now contains expand/collapse arrows for expandable lists (MR #3636, Bug #2876)
- win32 theme offers improved contrast when hovering over text (MR #3550)
- win32 theme context menu border looks better now (MR #3550)
- win32 theme offers improved contrast when hovering over text (MR #3550)
- Font dropdown now updates when changing font for the same text multiple times through the dropdown menu (MR #3731, Bug #2056)
- Line spacing works again with current Pango versions (e.g. 1.49) as used on Fedora Linux (MR #3717, Bug #2864)
- Line spacing now always stays the same when only changing the line height units (MR #3640, Bug #2465)
- Unicode mode now accepts numbers entered with numpad keys (a bug with a long beard, reported in 2014! MR #3716, Launchpad Bug #1394559
- Copied style no longer includes the shape of a flowed text and some other text positioning data, which caused all kinds of strange behavior
Improvements that apply to all extensions:
- The file chooser in extensions can no longer accidentally choose a directory instead of a file (MR #3716, Bug #2822)
- Compact float notation (such as 1.2 .3 ) in paths is now supported for all extensions (MR extensions#385)
- Extensions that call external programs no longer mangle texts with special characters on systems that do not use UTF-8 encoding