Portable Sandboxie Plus v1.2.8 (x64)
Sandboxie Portable is a sandbox-based isolation software for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows NT-based operating systems. It creates a sandbox-like isolated operating environment in which applications can be run or installed without permanently modifying local & mapped drives or the windows registry. An isolated virtual environment allows controlled testing of untrusted programs and web surfing.
Sandboxie is a proprietary sandbox based isolation program for Windows operating systems. It creates a sandbox-like isolated operating environment.
There you can run or install all applications without permanently modifying the local or mapped drive. An isolated virtual environment allows to control testing of untrusted programs and web surfing.
Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space. It prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.
When you run a program on your computer, data flows from the hard disk to the program via read operations. The data is then processed and displayed, and finally flows back from the progam to the hard disk via write operations.
Sandboxie changes the rules such that write operations do not make it back to your hard disk.
- Intercept changes to both your files and registry settings, making it virtually impossible for any software to reach outside the sandbox.
- Traps cached browser items into the sandbox as a by-product of normal operation. So when you throw away the sandbox, all the history records and other side-effects of your browsing disappear as well.
Benefits of the Isolated Sandbox:
- Secure Web Browsing. If you run Web browser under the protection of Sandboxie, all malicious software downloaded by the browser is trapped in the sandbox and can be discarded trivially.
- Enhanced Privacy. Browsing history, cookies, and cached temporary files collected while Web browsing stay in the sandbox and don’t leak into Windows.
- Secure E-mail. Viruses and other malicious software that might be hiding in your email can’t break out of the sandbox and can’t infect your real system.
- Windows Stays Lean. Prevent wear-and-tear in Windows by installing software into an isolated sandbox.
Sandboxie is available in two flavors, Plus and Classic. They both share the same core components, this means they have the same level of security and compatibility. What’s different is the availability of features in the user interface.
Plus build has a modern Qt based UI, which supports all new features that have been added since the project went open source:
- Snapshot Manager – this feature takes a copy of any box in order to be restored when needed
- Maintenance mode – it allows to uninstall/install/start/stop Sandboxie driver and service when needed
- Portable mode – you can run the installer and choose to extract all files to a directory
- Additional UI options to block access for Windows components like printer spooler and clipboard
- More customization options for Start/Run and Internet access restrictions
- Global hotkey to terminate all boxed processes
- A new firewall per sandbox which supports Windows Filtering Platform (WFP)