Portable LosslessCut 3.56.0 (x64)
LosslessCut Portable is a popular open-source video editing software that allows users to trim, cut and extract segments from video files without any loss in quality. Developed by Mikael Finstad, the software has gained a reputation for its ease-of-use, fast processing speed and powerful features, making it a go-to tool for professionals and enthusiasts alike.
The user interface of LosslessCut Portable is simple and straightforward, with all the essential functions easily accessible. Users can drag and drop video files into the program or use the built-in file browser to select files. Once the files are loaded, users can preview them in the built-in media player, which supports most common video codecs and formats.
One of the standout features of LosslessCut Portable is its ability to edit videos quickly without re-encoding them. This means that the original quality of the video is preserved, resulting in no loss of quality. This feature makes the software ideal for those who want to quickly edit their videos, but don’t want to sacrifice video quality.
Another great feature of LosslessCut is its ability to handle large video files without any lag or stuttering. The software is optimized to work with high-resolution video, making it perfect for professional video editors who work with 4K and 8K video.
Additionally, LosslessCut supports a wide range of video formats including MP4, MOV, MKV, AVI and WebM, among others. This means that users can import virtually any video format into the software and start editing right away.
One of the most useful features of LosslessCut is the ability to cut videos quickly and precisely. Users can drag the timeline cursor to the desired start and end points of the video segment that they want to remove, and then click the “Cut” button. The software will instantly cut out the segment without any loss in quality.
In addition to cutting videos, LosslessCut also includes other useful editing features such as merging videos, extracting audio tracks, and adjusting video playback speed. The software also includes a range of advanced editing tools such as frame accuracy and keyframe editing, which can be useful for more complex video editing tasks.
LosslessCut is also designed to work seamlessly with other video editing software, making it an excellent addition to any video editing workflow. The software can easily export edited videos to other video editing software or platforms such as Adobe Premiere Pro or YouTube.
Overall, LosslessCut Portable is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a powerful yet easy-to-use video editing tool. Its fast processing speed, broad format support, precise cutting capabilities, and lossless editing features make it an ideal choice for professional videographers, vloggers, and hobbyists alike. With its intuitive interface and powerful editing features, LosslessCut is the perfect option for anyone who wants to edit their videos quickly and easily without sacrificing video quality.
- Lossless cutting of most video and audio formats
- Losslessly cut out parts of video/audio (for cutting away commercials etc.)
- Lossless merge/concatenation of arbitrary files (with identical codecs parameters, e.g. from same camera)
- Lossless stream editing: Combine arbitrary tracks from multiple files (ex. add music or subtitle track to a video file)
- Losslessly extract all tracks from a file (extract video, audio, subtitle and other tracks from one file into separate files)
- Remux into different output format
- Take full-resolution snapshots from videos in JPEG/PNG format
- Manual input range of cutpoints
- Apply a timecode offset
- Change rotation/orientation metadata in videos
- View technical data about all streams
Example lossless use cases
Remove audio tracks from a file
Add music to a video (or replace existing audio track)
Include a subtitle into a video
Extract music track from a video and cut it to your needs
Cut out commercials from a recorded TV show
Without having to re-encode. You can also change format from TS to MP4 at the same time.
Fix rotation of a video that has the wrong orientation flag set
Great for rotating phone videos that come out the wrong way without actually re-encoding the video.
Change a H264 MKV video to MOV or MP4
Advanced multi-step workflows
Tip: you can use LosslessCut in multiple passes in order to achieve separate trimming of individual tracks:
- Open a file an export all tracks
- Open the exported track files independently and cut them as desired
- Add the track back to the video and combine them to one output video
Since LosslessCut Portable is based on Chromium and uses the HTML5 video player, not all ffmpeg supported formats will be supported directly. The following formats/codecs should generally work: MP4, MOV, WebM, MKV, OGG, WAV, MP3, AAC, H264, Theora, VP8, VP9.
Release Note of LosslessCut Portable:
Improvements and features
- duplicate segment function
- keyboard shortcuts search function
- DV Analyzer import
- allow user to reload current file on command
- customizable timestamp transfer
- extract multiple segments to images
- allow customizing per-stream bitstream filters
- reorganize settings screen
- always show total frame count in timeline
- add webp to image capture formats (only works with html5)
- if overwrite option is disabled, skip existing files
- add more output format categories
- ffmpeg v6 and newest electron
- fix track screen appearing behind export confirm
- fix “hide all notifications” bug
- fix timestamp issue and improve clicking variables
- increase smart cut bitrate by 20%
- Clarify mov faststart
- output file template improvements
- notify about enable full waveform
- seg num padding fixes
- don’t select segment when double clicking
- don’t auto-close dialog on timer if there are warnings
- add context menu to input fields
- many small fixes