Portable Antivirus Removal Tool 2023.11
Antivirus Removal Tool Portable is designed to detect and completely remove antivirus software. It will help you to identify current and past installations, and it will provide you with the official specialized uninstallers. These are designed by the manufacturers of the antivirus programs to completely delete all files, drivers, services, and registry records left behind by the programs they produce.
If you want to switch to another antivirus solution, you should remove the one you installed first. However, in some cases, anti-virus software does not allow you to remove it because it or its components are damaged or missing.
Antivirus Removal Tool is a program designed to help you in this frustrating situation, as it can detect current and previous anti-malware solutions installed on your machine and remove them. completely.
It automatically detects currently installed anti-virus solutions
The application is portable, so you don’t need to install or configure it in any way, just extract the archive to your desired location. The program comes with a user-friendly single-window interface that displays the currently detected anti-virus solutions on your system. As you may have already suggested, all you have to do is select the product and then press the Run button to remove it. According to the developer, the application is uninstalled using two methods, namely the built-in function of Windows and the specialized settings provided by the manufacturer.
It is worth mentioning that this tool can also help identify past antivirus settings, which may or may not affect your current performance. The results are clearly displayed in a tree structure, and you can explore the contents and delete unnecessary files and folders.
A handy utility that allows complete removal of current and previous anti-virus software
The program can be useful in many situations, including when you want to install a new product and want to avoid possible conflicts by removing the current protection software along with the rest of it. Other situations where this tool can be useful include when the normal uninstallation process fails and breaks your system registry and you have two or more anti-virus software installed, and cannot delete them.
Overall, Antivirus Removal Tool is an easy-to-use utility that provides a simple solution to most problems caused by installing and uninstalling antivirus software on your machine.
Here are some scenarios where this tool will be useful:
– You want to install a new antivirus, but in order to avoid possible conflicts, you want to remove as thoroughly as possible the one that is currently installed, as well as the leftovers of any others that had been installed in the past.
– The regular uninstall failed, and you are left with a broken system.
– The regular uninstall completed, but you are now having problems related to the antivirus you have just removed.
– Your computer is having problems because it has two or more antivirus programs installed and active, and you are unable to completely remove them.
Antivirus Removal Tool is divided in 4 sections:
1 – Identify the currently installed antivirus programs.
2 – Search for leftovers of past installations of antivirus programs.
3 – Uninstall using Windows built-in functionality.
4 – Run the specialized uninstaller provided by the manufacturer.
Here is a more detailed description of the program features:
– Identifies the currently installed antivirus program(s).
– Helps in identifying past installations of antivirus programs, by searching the system for leftover folders of several common solutions. The results are conveniently presented in tree views, grouped by the name of the antivirus / manufacturer found. You can right-click the paths and open them in file explorer to check its contents.
– Ability to generate a report containing the computer serial number, operating system, current and past installations of antivirus products.
– Provides 1-click access to Windows “Add / Remove Programs”. From there you can uninstall the antivirus using the regular uninstaller. Whenever is available, the regular uninstaller should always be used in the first place.
– Provides the official specialized uninstallers for 29 antivirus programs. These are handily presented in a combobox and can be executed with the click of a button.
– Multi-language support: Chinese (simplified), French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, English.
– Frequently updated: as a rule of thumb this program will be updated once every month, but it can also be updated more frequently whenever is necessary. It will automatically check for the existence of an updated version when it starts.
Requirements: Windows 7 through Windows 11.
- Updated the following uninstallers: Avast, AVG, Emsisoft, Kaspersky, Mcafee.