Portable VLC Media Player 188.8.131.52 (x64) Multilingual
VLC Portable is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework that plays most multimedia files as well as DVDs, Audio CDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols.
Cleverly organize your media files
On the visual side, the application stays clean, with no shiny buttons or elements to enhance the interface. However, accessing the ‘Options’ menu gives you the possibility to customize the layout or even completely change the skin with the help of downloadable content.
Regardless of your style choice, it is capable of playing both video and audio files. You can bring up the playlist editor, which can either be docked or left floating around the desktop. Files can be managed from here, with the possibility to simply have desired items dragged over an indicated area.
You can save configurations to play later on, having them combined, music and movies. Additionally, you are able to select one of the available radio stations provided, and it is most likely to even stumble across the one you have your frequency tuned to.
Enhance your video and audio experience
Giving VLC media player a try takes some of your time, having you snoop through every corner for hidden treasures. Each button you press brings up new possibilities. A 12-band equalizer is put at your disposal so that you can carefully adjust frequency sliders to fine-tune sound. You can also make use of one of the available presets, but with no option to save custom configurations.
The case also applies to motion pictures, with adjustments sliders for a decent amount of categories, such as Crop, Colors, Geometry, AtmoLight, and several more. You can easily switch to fullscreen for a clearer view, and there are even a few audio visualization options.
Fast – Hardware Decoding
VLC has hardware decoding on most platforms. It supports 0-copy on the GPU and can fallback on software when required.
Plays all formats
MPEG-1/2, DivX® (1/2/3/4/5/6), MPEG-4 ASP, XviD, 3ivX D4, H.261, H.263 / H.263i, H.264 / MPEG-4 AVC, Cinepak, Theora, Dirac / VC-2, MJPEG (A/B), WMV 1/2, WMV 3 / WMV-9 / VC-1, Sorenson 1/3, DV, On2 VP3/VP5/VP6, Indeo Video v3 (IV32), Real Video (1/2/3/4).
MPEG Layer 1/2, MP3 – MPEG Layer 3, AAC – MPEG-4 part3, Vorbis, AC3 – A/52, E-AC-3, MLP / TrueHD>3, DTS, WMA 1/2, WMA 3, FLAC, ALAC, Speex, Musepack / MPC, ATRAC 3, Wavpack, Mod, TrueAudio, APE, Real Audio, Alaw/µlaw, AMR (3GPP), MIDI, LPCM, ADPCM, QCELP, DV Audio, QDM2/QDMC, MACE.
DVD, Text files (MicroDVD, SubRIP, SubViewer, SSA1-5, SAMI, VPlayer), Closed captions, Vobsub, Universal Subtitle Format (USF), SVCD / CVD, DVB, OGM, CMML, Kate.
ID3 tags, APEv2, Vorbis comment.
VLC Portable has the most complete feature-set over the video, subtitle synchronisation, video and audio filters.
UDP/RTP Unicast, UDP/RTP Multicast, HTTP / FTP, MMS, TCP/RTP Unicast, DCCP/RTP Unicast, File, DVD Video, Video CD / VCD, SVCD, Audio CD (no DTS-CD), DVB (Satellite, Digital TV, Cable TV), MPEG encoder, Video acquisition.
MPEG (ES,PS,TS,PVA,MP3), AVI, ASF / WMV / WMA, MP4 / MOV / 3GP, OGG / OGM / Annodex, Matroska (MKV), Real, WAV (including DTS), Raw Audio: DTS, AAC, AC3/A52, Raw DV, FLAC, FLV (Flash), MXF, Nut, Standard MIDI / SMF, Creative™ Voice.
SAP/SDP announces, Bonjour protocol, Mozilla/Firefox plugin, ActiveX plugin, SVCD Menus, Localization, CD-Text, CDDB CD info, IGMPv3, IPv6, MLDv2, CPU acceleration.
- Fix a regression in parsing secondary source MRLs
- Allow brackets in path part of URLs
- Fix support for screen capture on macOS with avcapture
- Fix closing of HTTP 1.x connections
- Improve HTTP2 memory usage
- Improve AVCapture module
- Improve AudioCD support (audio/data mixed mode, musicbrainz)
- Improve SMB compatibility by changing the read size
- Several improvements on the SRT modules (including streamID)
- Add support for DTS LBR
- Fix some HEVC hardware decoding on Windows and crashes when aspect ratio changes
- Fix hardware decoding for some AMD GPU drivers
- Add support for new Fourcc for E-AC3, AV1, GeoVision
- Fix crashes with VP9 streams
- Fix styling issues with subs tx3g (mp4) tracks
- Fix playback of live AV1 streams
- iOS/tvOS: add support for spatial audio
- macOS: fix some channels ordering for > 5.1 channels
- Android: rework audio volume management
- Fix a D3D11 crash when the stream changes aspect ratio
- Major overhaul of the adaptive streaming stack
- Support for DAV video files
- Add WebP image mapping
- Fix missing audio start of Opus audio in MKV/WebM
- Fix an infinite loop in MP4
- Fix attachments extractions in ogg files
- Support Uncompressed audio in mp4 (ISO/IEC 23003-5)
- Fix some lip sync issue in rare MPEG-TS streams
- Qt/macOS: Fixup user provided URLs
- Add safe area handling on macOS
- Qt: improve preferences search
- Qt: fix –no-mouse-events option
- Update YouTube script
- Fix Icecast directory parsing which could lead to missing entries
- Improve UPnP compatibility with some servers
3rd party libraries (contrib):
- Update FFmpeg to 4.4
- Update libflac to 1.3.4 to fix CVE-2020-0499 and CVE-2021-0561
- Update libsmb2 to fix invalid UTF-8 encoding of some filenames
- Update taglib to fix corruptions when editing some OGG metadata
- Update dav1d to 0.9.2
- Update fribidi to 1.0.11
- Update freetype to 2.11.1
- Update libass to 0.15.2
- Drop pthreadGC2 in favor of winpthreads
- Enable Java support for blurays on Apple M1
- Update libsrt to 1.4.4
- Update twolame to 0.4.0
- Update mpg123 to 1.29.3
- Update libnfs to 5.0.1
- Update libarchive to 3.6.0
- Update AOM encoder to 3.1.1