Portable Videomass 4.0.1 Multilingual
Videomass Portable is a cross-platform GUI designed for FFmpeg enthusiasts who need to manage custom profiles to automate conversion/transcoding processes. Videomass is a free, open source and cross-platform GUI for FFmpeg and youtube-dl, concatenate (mux or encode videos), presets manager, conversions.
It is based on an advanced use of presets and profiles in order to use most of the FFmpeg commands without limits of formats and codecs.
It features graphical tools for viewing, analyzing and processing multimedia streams and downloading videos via youtube-dl.
Videomass is a project created by Gianluca Pernigotto (jeanslack) and it was written in Python3 with the wxPython4 “Phoenix”, then it is cross-platform and works on Linux, Mac-Os, MS-Windows and FreeBSD.
What is FFmpeg?
FFmpeg is a separate project, not connected to Videomass. “FFmpeg is a complete, cross-platform solution to record, convert and stream audio and video. It includes libavcodec – the leading audio/video codec library.” FFmpeg is a Trademark of Fabrice Bellard, originator of the FFmpeg project. FFmpeg is free software and is licensed under the LGPL or GPL. Specifically in the case of versions of FFmpeg packaged with Videomass on the installers for Windows and MacOS, FFmpeg is licensed under the GPL. Complete FFmpeg documentation and sources are available at FFmpeg.org
What is youtube-dl?
youtube_dl is a command-line program to download videos from YouTube.com and a few more sites. It requires the Python interpreter, version 2.6, 2.7, or 3.2+, and it is not platform specific. It should work on your Unix box, on Windows or on macOS. It is released to the public domain, which means you can modify it, redistribute it or use it however you like.
- Multi-Platform, work on Linux, MacOs, Windows, FreeBsd.
- Batch processing.
- Advanced log management.
- Multi language support (english, Italian, Russian, Dutch, Portuguese (Brazilian), Spanish )
Features with FFmpeg
- Drag and drop to add multiple files simultaneously.
- Fully customizable presets and profiles.
- Possibility to create your new presets and profiles from scratch.
- Has useful presets to start with.
- Supports all formats and codecs available with FFmpeg.
- Displaying information from streams analyzer.
- Has useful tools to quickly get information about the FFmpeg used.
- Advanced dialogs for setting video filters.
- Advanced audio filters for volume normalization in PEAK, RMS and EBU-R128.
- Ability to analyze and apply volume normalization to certain audio streams via selectable indexing.
- Timeline: duration and seek are set with the sliders.
- The timeline has a display for viewing the time selection.
Features with youtube-dl
- Add multiple URLs simultaneously.
- Download multiple URLs from YouTube and more sites (over 200).
- Four download modes:
- Default (choosing between ‘best’ or ‘worst’ qualities).
- Download audio and video splitted.
- Download Audio only (you can choose various formats).
- Download videos and audio by ‘format code’ with audio merging.
- Shows download statistics separately (only using youtube_dl library).
- Ability to playback individual URLs and different qualities.
- Ability to download playlists.
- Ability to index items to download in playlists, including indices and ranges.
- Embed thumbnail in audio file (via atomicparsley).
- Add metadata to file.
- Write subtitles to video.
- Ability to include IDs in filenames.
- Ability to restrict file names.
- Ability to keep youtube-dl backend updated (depends by installer / app).
- Several improvements, new features and fixes
- Timeline editor
- Improve layout
- Update CI workflows
- Improve layout for new features
- New features fixe
- Fix relative and absolute pathnames & other fixes
- Fix timeline
- Update locale
- Fix duration and timeline
- Improve long processing task
- Fix outpathnames
- Update Russian lang
- Improve icons