Portable Sumatra PDF 3.3.3
Sumatra PDF Portable is a free PDF, eBook (ePub, Mobi), XPS, DjVu, CHM, Comic Book (CBZ and CBR) reader for Windows. Sumatra PDF is powerful, small, portable and starts up very fast. Simplicity of the user interface has a high priority.
It’s designed for portable use: it’s just one file with no external dependencies so you can easily run it from external USB drive. This classifies it as a portable application. As is characteristic of many portable applications, Sumatra takes up little disk space. It has a 5 MB setup file, compared to Adobe Reader’s 50 MB, for Windows.
Sumatra does not lock the PDF file. Without closing the PDF file a user can recompile the text document and generate a new PDF file and then press the R key to refresh the PDF document. Printing is achieved in Sumatra by transforming each pdf page into a bitmap image. This results in very large spool files and potentially slow printing on printers with little memory. Hyperlinks that are embedded in PDF documents are not active in Sumatra.
Sumatra is multilingual, with 20 community-contributed translations. Sumatra supports SyncTeX, a bidirectional method for synchronizing TeX source and PDF output produced by pdfTeX or XeTeX.
Sumatra PDF is distributed under GPLv2 license.
Sumatra PDF Portable is the lightweight Sumatra PDF packaged as a portable app, so you can view PDF files on the go. You can place it on your USB flash drive, iPod, portable hard drive or a CD and use it on any computer, without leaving any personal information behind.
Sumatra can do for you:
- open PDF, DjVu, XPS, CBR, CBZ files via menu
- open PDF, DjVu, XPS, CBR, CBZ files via drag drop
- set different zoom levels via menu
- added support for adding / removing / editing annotations in PDF files. Read the tutorial
- new toolbar
- changed toolbar to scale with DPI by using new, vector icons
- added rotate left / right to the toolbar
- new toolbar:
- added ability to hide scrollbar (more screen space for the document). Use right-click context menu.
- advanced setting to change font size in bookmarks / favorites tree view e.g.
TreeFontSize = 12
- support newer versions of ghostscript (≥ 9.54) for opening .ps files
- support jpeg-xr images in .xps files
- restore tooltips (regression in 3.2)
- update mupdf to latest version
- make silent installation always silent
- don’t crash when attempting to zoom in on home page
- don’t show “manga” view menu item for documents that are not comic books
- allow opening
- restore ability to save embedded files
Alt + Spaceopens a sys menu
- fix rotation in DjVu documents
- fix a crash in PdfFilter.dll