Portable Calibre 6.6.1 Multilingual
Effortlessly keep your e-book library thoroughly organized with the help of this efficient and straightforward software solution. Calibre Portable is a powerful and easy to use e-book manager. Users say it’s outstanding and a must-have. It’ll allow you to do nearly everything and it takes things a step beyond normal e-book software.
It’s also completely free and open source and great for both casual users and computer experts. It is free, open source and cross-platform in design and works on Linux, OSX and Windows. Calibre is meant to be a complete e-library solution and thus includes, library management, format conversion, news feeds to ebook conversion as well as e-book reader sync features.
Calibre is an application that allows you to view, convert and organize e-books in a simple manner.
The user interface of the program is simple to use. You can add e-books (from a single or multiple directories) by using the file browser or the “drag and drop” function. You can also add books by entering their ISBN code.
In the tag browser you can sort e-books according to their author, language, series, format, publisher, rating, as well as news, tags and identifies.
So, you can download or edit metadata individually or in bulk, get covers, merge e-book records, convert e-books individually or in bulk (in the XML, CSV, EPUB, MOBI and other formats), as well as send e-books to devices.
You can also use the “Fetch news” feature to download news from websites and convert them into a preferred e-book format. It is possible to schedule news downloads, add a custom sources or download all scheduled news sources as well.
Calibre allows you to create libraries and toggle between them, as well as rename, delete, backup and restore libraries, connect to iTunes, start a content server, search and sort e-books, and more.
The program uses a high amount of system resources and contains a comprehensive help file. It didn’t freeze or crash during our tests. Calibre is easy to use and provides a great solution for viewing and organizing e-books in various formats.
- Book details: allow displaying multi-valued categories such as tags on separate lines via Preferences->Look & feel->Book details
- Tag browser: When searching the Tag browser allow also filtering the book list to show only books that match one of the categories currently shown in the Tag browser.
To use enable the two Preferences: “Preferences->Look & feel->Tag browser->Hide empty categories” and “Find shows all items that match”. Then, when searching the Tag browser, press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F to restrict the displayed books.
- Edit book: When right clicking on HTML files in EPUB 3 books, allow marking them as the Table of Contents (NAV document)
- EPUB Output: Fix converting a document with obfuscated fonts to EPUB 3 not working
- Edit book: Fix an error when processing books that contain comments inside unknown CSS @ rules
- Content server: Fix jumping to locations such as bookmarks not working on iPhone/iPad running iOS >= 15
- Font subsetting: Fix :first-line and :first-letter pseudo classes not being handled correctly
- Workaround for Amazon’s email delivery service not reading metadata from inside ebook files
- Edit book: File list: Fix pressing Tab key while renaming a file not starting the rename of the next file
- Version 6.6.1 fixes a regression that caused the Edit metadata window to not remember its last used size. Note that you will have to resize it once after updating to 6.6.1, after which the size will be remembered.
Improved news sources
- Spectator Magazine
- Spiegel Online International