Portable FreeTube 0.16.0
No more ads and tracking
YouTube’s advertising is becoming increasingly aggressive. What used to be a typical advertisement a few years ago has now morphed into compulsive and uncontrollable ads. YouTube, for example, presently shows up to three or four adverts per 30-minute video.
You can watch YouTube videos without advertisements, obnoxious side banners, or annoying commercials when you use FreeTube.
Furthermore, you are not required to log in or register (if you do not already have a YouTube account).
All of your settings, subscriptions, search history, and saved films will now be preserved directly on your physical PC. The best part is that you won’t be monitored any more.
One of the most significant benefits of not tracking is that you keep your thinking and decision-making power balanced.
Google, YouTube, and other social media platforms have a tendency to ‘keep you updated.’ They keep track of what you do, figure out what you like, and then send you more of the same. As a result, you relish the validation of being correct, become biased, and lose your ability to think critically.
YouTube downloader and customizing interface
FreeTube is an incredibly performant tool. Firstly, it enables YouTube access via their current API or via Invidious’s API; as a result, you can always open a piece of content in Insidious with a direct command, from FreeTube.
Moreover, you can download video thumbnails by right-clicking them (using the ‘Save Image As’ option); also, you can download YouTube videos (at a chosen video quality and frame rate), and, optionally, you can download a video’s subtitles.
When it comes to its interface, FreeTube is impressively versatile. It allows for visual and functioning adaptations. There are plenty of visual tweaks that you can apply and many color customizations — for the base theme, the main color theme, and the secondary color theme.
The main features of the program:
• Support for multimedia keys
• Viewing video without ads;
• Subscription to channels without an account;
• All user data is stored locally and is not sent anywhere;
• Program interface: top search, lower left on the side panel are subscriptions, trends, most popular videos, browsing history, video list on the right;
• When watching a video, all YouTube functions are available: rewind, volume adjustment, quality selection, change the playback speed, turn on subtitles, switch to full screen mode;
• There is a search by keywords and various filters;
• It is possible to open direct links to the desired video;
• There is an opportunity to share a video;
• Support for creating profiles (for example, for separation of interests);
• It is possible to customize the appearance of the program: choose a theme (light, dark, black), primary color theme and secondary color theme;
• FreeTube supports work through a proxy;
• There is an opportunity to show / hide: video views, likes / dislikes, number of channel subscribers, likes in the comments, featured videos, trending videos, popular videos, live chat;
• Privacy settings: enable / disable remember history, save browsing progress;
• It is possible to import / export subscriptions and visit history.